- Department of Theatre, Film and Television (TFTV) building
- Heslington East Campus, University of York
- Baird Ln, Heslington, York YO10 5GB
Differences Between Opening Event Gala and the Weekend?
The Opening Gala will include all the projects that are displayed over the weekend. The Gala will also have drinks and prizes. The Weekend Project Showcase is available for those who cannot attend the Friday event who still would like to see our wonderful projects!
Opening Event Gala
- Friday 15th June 2018
- 6 PM to 7:30 PM
Weekend Project Showcase
- Saturday 16th - Sunday 17th June 2018
- 16th - 17th, 10 AM - 2 PM, 4 PM - 8 PM
If you have an enquiry about our event, please email us at:
What Is The IM Showcase?
A brand new event organised and run by the Interactive Media BSc students to share their work created over the year. It runs for the whole weekend!
Those studying Interactive Media at the University of York have a wide range of skills and have produced many different interactive products and prototypes. Enjoy a riveting interactive narrative, learn how not to text and drive, collect coins as a goose around the university campus or read a thesis on the intersection of technology and love - whatever you might enjoy, we’ll certainly have something to keep you entertained. We are talented, motivated and ready to take on the Interactive Media world, be sure to see the start of our journey.
Winners of the 2018 Awards
- Interdisciplinary Award - Colour Theory in Games by Moe McKinney
- Best Project - Arcade Adventure by Jake Shoesmith
- Most Innovative Project - Sketch What You See by Jade Smith
- Audience Favourite - Capture the Campus by Matthew Shepherd, Kenric Yuen, Clarke Travis & Jamie Saunders
Click the Image Below To See the Layout for the Event:
Friday's Opening Event Gala Schedule:
5:30pm - Doors open
6pm - Gala begins
7pm - Voting closes
7:15pm - Awards ceremony
7:30pm - Gala close
What is Interactive Media?
We cover the whole design process from start to finish - developing ideas from paper prototypes, through to a final digital product.
We use industry-standard software to create professional digital images, videos, sounds and 3D graphics.
We explore how technology can enhance how we tell stories and consider how technology can impact our lives and society.